Pay 2290 Online
Any heavy vehicle operating on the US public highway is subjected to a federal tax called IRS form 2290 or
IRS HVUT. If your truck weighs 55,000 pounds or more and used for 5000 miles or more, you are subjected to
this tax and must pay 2290 online. You can pay IRS 2290 tax via 2 methods: paper filing and IRS HVUT online
IRS form 2290 is also called as Heavy Vehicle Use Tax, HVUT, Highway Vehicle Tax, and Truck Tax.
IRS Form 2290 Schedule 1 Copy
The IRS authenticates your returns when you file pay 2290 online and sends an acknowledgment receipt,
called Schedule 1. This copy will have the IRS-registered truck’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
you own. This copy of Schedule 1 is the proof that your IRS HVUT taxes are paid. Without this Schedule 1
copy, the DMV will not renew your tags and IRP, IFTA or UCR will not renew your heavy vehicle registration.
This copy of Schedule 1 will also act as proof that you paid your taxes if you are audited.
When you choose to IRS pay 2290 online, most e-file service providers would send a copy of Schedule 1 within
a few minutes of IRS acceptance. But if you pre-file the 2290 form, you will receive the Schedule 1 form 2290
after the first week of July of that tax year.
Advantages of Filing IRS Form 2290 for 2018 Online
- e-Filling works smoothly and efficiently to reduce preparation and processing errors
- Use your laptop or computer to access and file your returns from anywhere, even when you’re on the road
- Receive the copy of stamped Schedule 1 in just a few minutes after acceptance by the IRS
- You can use the free VIN correction feature offered by most e-filing services to correct VIN filing errors you may have committed. The new, amended copy of Schedule 1 form will be available in minutes
- Make any changes to mileage and gross weight, even after you pay 2290 online
- Avoid standing in the queue and also save on your postage by filing IRS form 2290 online
Calculating your HVUT Tax
Taxable Gross Weight is the total unloaded weight of your heavy vehicle. It is the weight of the truck,
bus or tractor when it is empty or not loaded, but equipped for service. Body parts, accessories, and
other equipment are included in a fully equipped heavy vehicle. To calculate your Form 2290 IRS, use
our IRS tax calculator by clicking here.
Requirements to File Form 2290 Online:
- The VIN (Vehicle Information Number) and EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- The gross weight of the vehicle
- Name and address of the business
The tax period for form 2290 begins from 1st July of the current year and extends till 31st August of the
succeeding year. You can receive your stamped Schedule 1 copy for 2018-19 from 1st July 2018. The deadline
for submission of your form 2290 for 2018 is 31st August 2019.
Steps to File IRS 2290 Form Online
Filing form 2290 online is simple, secure and easy. We simplified the process at eForm2290 to help you
file the IRS 2290 form online easily. You only need to follow 3 steps when you pay 2290 online with us:
- Choose your ‘Business’
- Select the ‘Tax Period’ and ‘First Used Month’ of your vehicle
- Enter the vehicle information
- Make the payment
If you choose to pay 2290 online with pay 2290 online, you will receive your stamped copy of Schedule 1
within a few minutes of IRS acceptance. We will also send you free text, fax and email alerts about your
tax filings in order to keep you up-to-date with your tax filings. If you have made any errors when
entering the VIN number of your vehicle, we also offer free VIN correction. We will speed up your returns
for VIN corrections so you will not incur any IRS penalties.